Kronos Delivers Updated InTouch as Time Clock Shipments Reach All-Time Record
WOKINGHAM— Nov. 11, 2013— Kronos Incorporated today announced an updated Kronos® InTouch® time clock, bringing the latest innovations in consumer and biometric technology to the fast-selling device. InTouch has reshaped the way organisations think about, and employees interact with, their workforce management solutions. Launched just two years ago, Kronos has shipped InTouch time clocks to organisations in more than 20 countries.
The first time clock built for the modern workforce, the updated InTouch, which is built for the cloud, incorporates new biometric technology and enhanced Wi-Fi capabilities for faster employee deployment and improved productivity. InTouch now makes it easier than ever to:
- Ensure Accurate Employee Data Capture – InTouch has a sleek new body design that accommodates a new biometrics option, offering enhanced processing speed; support for vastly more employee records; and a high-quality optical sensor providing unrivaled accuracy in authenticating an employee as well as identifying an employee without requiring a badge swipe. With these enhancements, organisations can expect the right employee to be ready to work faster than ever before.
- Have it Your Way – InTouch gives organisations an easy and secure way to communicate information any way they chose including Wi-Fi, ethernet, and through firewalls to the Kronos Cloud or within an existing enterprise cloud.
- Enhanced User Experience – InTouch incorporates the same design elements employees have come to expect from the latest mobile and tablet devices. The colourful graphic interface, touch screen, and language hot keys create a highly personalised experience, quickly and efficiently giving employees the information they need to start and finish their day.
Lisa Rowan, research vice president, HR, talent and learning strategies, IDC commented: “As we continue to see organisations migrate to the cloud, ensuring secure, reliable and adaptable connectivity remains top of mind. Kronos has long been an innovator in workforce management and the new Kronos InTouch is the latest example of that commitment.”
Bill Bartow, vice president, global product management at Kronos added: “Demand for the Kronos InTouch has been incredible – as if there are billboards around the world stating ‘time clock shortage!’.
“While organisations are increasingly adopting mobile and tablet applications to improve workforce management processes, time clocks remain a data collection method of choice in many work environments. InTouch is achieving widespread adoption as organisations rapidly adopt the device for its cloud readiness, reliability, and unrivaled user experience. The updated InTouch brings even more innovation to the device, which operates as easily and smoothly as the smart phones we all carry in our pockets.”
The updated Kronos InTouch will be available in December. InTouch supports Chinese (simplified and traditional), Dutch, English, French (France and Canada), German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- This announcement was made from KronosWorks, the world’s largest workforce information exchange. KronosWorks is taking place this week in Orlando.
- See live updates and join the conversation by using #KW2013 on Twitter.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organisations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labour costs, minimise compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labour analytics applications at www.kronos.co.uk. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
Organisations that are interested in purchasing Kronos products and services should base their decision solely on what is currently available. Unreleased products, services, or functionality referenced in this document and other publicly available materials, including public statements on kronos.co.uk, are not a promise of fulfillment and may not be delivered as promised or at all.
© 2013 Kronos Incorporated.Kronos, InTouch, and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and KronosWorks and Workforce Innovation That Works are trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Stephen Smith / Ella Thompson