Bracknell, UK, 27 Jul, 2017
Kronos Incorporated today announced the availability of its Workforce TeleStaff solution in the UK emergency services market. Kronos Workforce TeleStaff optimises the scheduling, communications, and deployment of public safety personnel and other critical resources for routine staffing and major emergency incidents.
- Faced with reduced staffing levels, ongoing budget constraints, escalating labour costs, and complex compliance requirements makes effective staff scheduling a complex process for emergency service, fire, and police departments. Yet, many of these departments in the UK are still managing with paper-based processes and manual calling to fill shifts.
- Kronos Workforce TeleStaff centralises and automates this process to prebuild schedules and rosters, based on relevant union rules and labour laws, to deliver more equitable and accurate personnel scheduling. The system then automatically contacts the employees directly, eliminating manual calls. All employee overtime is also tracked automatically.
- Centralised control of scheduling offers control rooms faster insight on availability and location of personnel when unexpected major incidents occur; enabling them to recall and assign relevant, qualified personnel to deliver fast, effective event control.
- Following major emergency incidents, the Workforce TeleStaff solution works on a move, limit, prohibit basis to help duty officers to:
- Move staff from higher to low risk shifts based on previous workload, allowing departments to identify CAT 1 incident responders and lock them off high-risk duties for a governed period of time;
- Set limits on the number of hours employees can work without taking breaks to limit fatigue and burnout; and
- Identify overworked employees and prohibit them from working until rested.
- Kronos Workforce TeleStaff is used by nearly 1,000 public safety departments in North America to help them meet their unique staffing needs and optimise communication, schedules and deployment of personnel.
- Also, employees feel more engaged and empowered with Workforce TeleStaff as they gain increased control of their schedules. Workforce TeleStaff mobile functionality further enables users to view schedules from their mobile devices, from anywhere, at any time, as well as easily trade shifts based on predefined rules. All of this is possible, while still allowing departments to maintain overall staff accountability to effectively serve their communities.
- Steve Moore, director, Kronos, UK
“Sometime it’s a revolution not evolution that is required. If we look at how the Kronos Workforce TeleStaff technology has driven change and the significant positive impact it has had on hundreds of emergency medical services, fire, and police departments in North America, it is a revelation. This emergency services, fire, and police personnel solution is a strong foundation to help ensure we deliver strong services to the UK community, while protecting the health and wellbeing of the officers delivering that service.”
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Take a look at the lighter side of the workforce in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
- Follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.co.uk. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2017 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.