LOWELL, Mass. and BRACKNELL, U.K., 04 Oct, 2017
The Workforce Institute at Kronos Incorporated, a think tank dedicated to providing research and education on critical workplace issues facing organizations around the globe, has announced the launch of The Workforce Institute Europe, which aims to explore European workforce issues that have an impact on organizational productivity and employee engagement for front line and salaried workers.
- The Workforce Institute Europe is the latest global chapter of the successful HR thought leadership think tank, which launched in the U.S. in 2007, followed by the arrival of a Chinese chapter in 2013.
- Through a panel of expert board members and independent research, this latest chapter of The Workforce Institute at Kronos will empower organizations with best practices, in-depth knowledge, and practical advice for optimizing their workplaces to achieve both great results and engaged employees. An advisory board of internationally renowned academics, visionaries, and European business practitioners will spearhead the initiatives of The Workforce Institute Europe. Chaired by Claire Richardson, Kronos senior director of professional services, EMEA, initial European board members include:
- Roland Axten, workforce management expert, Inter-IKEA;
- Bruce Daisley, vice president, Europe, Twitter;
- Professor Julia Hobsbawm OBE;
- Christian Kromme, futurist and entrepreneur; and
- Simon Porter, vice president, NGA Human Resources.
- The Workforce Institute Europe will officially launch with a panel debate headlined, “The Always-on Con,” on Oct. 10 at Flux Lounge, London where board members and industry thought leaders will debate the pros and cons of the growing use of technology in our lives.
- Primary research initiatives of The Workforce Institute Europe will address workforce management issues impacting the entire workforce, including both hourly and salaried employees, and will see board members publish articles and insights on key industry issues at https://workforceinstitute.org.
- This site houses information and links to initiatives from all three chapters of The Workforce Institute at Kronos and includes articles and insights from recent research on topics including absence, employee engagement, burnout, and future technology as well as information on three management books previously published by The Workforce Institute.
- Joyce Maroney, executive director, The Workforce Institute at Kronos
“Kronos launched The Workforce Institute 10 years ago to promote and encourage discussion on issues facing workers – particularly front-line employees – in today’s workplace. Launching in Europe where the diversity in workforces and labor trends vary country-by-country is an exciting next step in our progress as we can truly create a global debate. With an impressive array of high-profile European board members, we look forward to providing European organizations with valuable content that elevates the importance of the whole workforce to company success.”
- Claire Richardson, director, The Workforce Institute Europe at Kronos
“We’re entering an exciting new chapter in The Workforce Institute journey and it’s one I am personally excited to be part of. We’ve assembled a fantastic board of advisors here in Europe; each of whom brings unique and exciting insights into the issues and challenges of surviving and thriving in a modern working world. I am certain visitors to the site will gain real value from the content we will be compiling and curating.”
- Follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Read more about the “The Always-on Con” topic here.
- Read about the leadership anthologies previously published by The Workforce Institute.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Take a look at the lighter side of the workforce in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
About The Workforce Institute at Kronos
The Workforce Institute at Kronos provides research and education on critical workplace issues facing organizations around the globe. By bringing together thought leaders, The Workforce Institute is uniquely positioned to empower organizations with the knowledge and information they need to manage their workforce effectively and provide a voice for employees on important workplace issues. A hallmark of The Workforce Institute’s research is balancing the needs and desires of diverse employee populations with the needs of organizations. For additional information, visit www.workforceinstitute.org.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2017 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.