Las Vegas, KronosWorks,
Today at KronosWorks 2015, The Workforce Institute at Kronos Incorporated released the third book in its thought leadership trilogy aimed at developing and retaining a competitive and engaged workforce: It's All About Bob(bie) - Strategies for Winning With Your Employees. As seen through the eyes of frontline workers Bob and Bobbie, Strategies for Winning With Your Employees is a how-to anthology written by today's foremost leaders in workforce management, human resources, and human capital management for creating a virtuous cycle of employee engagement, customer loyalty, and better bottom-line results.
- Readers will follow the adventures of fictional frontline employees Bob and Bobbie through nine common workforce management pitfalls - as illustrated by Marketoonist Tom Fishburne - and are given practical ideas and innovative leadership practices to drive customer satisfaction and organizational success by focusing on employee investment.
- The real-world tips found inside Strategies for Winning with Your Employeesare divided into four main sections: Standardize, Streamline, and Simplify; Put the Best Team on the Field; Help Your People do Their Best Every Day; and Establishing a Vision for the Future.
- The forward was written by Jennifer A. Chatman, Ph.D., Paul J. Cortese distinguished professor of management at the University of California, Berkeley's Haas School of Business.
- Distinguished authors, who are also Workforce Institute Advisory Board members, include:
- David Almeda, chief people officer, Kronos Incorporated
- Bob Clements, senior principal, Axsium Group
- David Creelman, chief executive officer, Creelman Research
- China Gorman, consultant, speaker, writer, and former chief executive officer of Great Place to Work® Institute
- Sharlyn Lauby, The HR Bartender and president, ITM Group Inc.
- Joyce Maroney, director, The Workforce Institute at Kronos Incorporated
- Susan Meisinger, SPHR, JD, and former president, SHRM
- Jeanne Meister, founding partner, Future Workplace LLC, with Kevin Mulcahy, partner, Future Workplace LLC
- Dan Schawbel, managing partner, Millennial Branding and partner and research director, Future Workplace LLC
- Mark Wales, vice president, global workforce management
- It's All About Bob(bie) - Strategies For Winning With Your Employees was distributed to all KronosWorks 2015 attendees and is available for purchase on Amazon for $21.95.
- David Shadovitz, editor, Human Resource Executive
"This book will become a go-to resource for professionals who want to assemble the building blocks of organizational excellence through workforce excellence - yet it is also a book for anyone interested in workplace trends and the changing composition of today's workforce. I particularly enjoyed the book's Bob and Bobbie characters. What an enjoyable and unique way for the reader to be introduced to nuggets of insightful information, definitive workplace research, and first-hand experience of top industry leaders and managers."
- Jim Wiggett, chief executive officer, Bebe Stores, Inc; former CEO, Jackson Hole Group, former CEO, Sephora.com
"The battle for talent is intense. A driving vision for workforce planning can be a competitive advantage in this marketplace. This book does an excellent job of collecting powerful viewpoints that can help everyone. Very clever approach!"
- Dr. Nick Bontis, professor of strategy, McMaster University; director, Institute for Intellectual Capital Research, Inc.
"The most important competitive weapon for modern management rests with your ability to harvest the full potential of your organization's employees. This book is mandatory reading for leaders that want simple strategies to leverage human capital. I highly recommend it, and be sure to get a copy for all your supervisors, too."
- Alexia (Lexy) Martin, MA, principal, HRTech Value; former vice president of research and analytics, Sierra-Cedar (previously CedarCrestone); former managing editor, IHRIM Workforce Solutions Review.
"This is one of those books you will want to read from the first story through each chapter, to the very end, for thoughtful advice on how organization can really have happy employees, loyal customer, and better results than ever. And the cartoons cleverly embellish the stories and advice."
- This announcement was made from KronosWorks, the world's largest workforce information exchange. KronosWorks is taking place this week in Las Vegas.
- Follow the conversation and share best practices in workforce management, HR, and HCM with #WinWithEmployees.
- See live updates and join the conversation by using #KronosWorks on Twitter.
- Kronos encourages KronosWorks attendees to #celebratework in the social lounge by taking pictures in their dream job attire. For every 100 pictures, Kronos will donate $5,000 to Dress for Success, up to $20,000.
- About The Workforce Institute.
- Check out Joyce Maroney's Huffington Post column.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, andYouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About The Workforce Institute at Kronos Incorporated
The Workforce Institute provides research and education on critical workplace issues facing organizations around the globe. By bringing together thought leaders, The Workforce Institute is uniquely positioned to empower organizations with the knowledge and information they need to manage their workforce effectively and provide a voice for employees on important workplace issues. A hallmark of The Workforce Institute's research is balancing the needs and desires of diverse employee populations with the needs of organizations. For additional information, visit www.workforceinstitute.org.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries - including more than half of the Fortune 1000 ® - use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2015 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.