The Western Michigan University Police Department struggled to schedule with a system based on paper and error-prone memories. Manual processes relied on one person to do the work that employees could be doing themselves, if given the correct tools. There was a lack of consistency with overtime rules, and an unfair system lowered employee morale. And with no visibility for employees, it became time-consuming and inefficient for one staff member to log all employee time.
What Western Michigan Police Department needed was a solution that could:
- Deliver real-time employee data they could leverage to improve operations
- Empower employees to become accountable for their schedules
- Provide a consistent and fair system for overtime
- Easily schedule complex shifts to fit the department’s specific and unique needs
“What has changed our frustration is that we’re using TeleStaff now. [Officers] can just get on the phone [or] get on a computer, and see what their schedule is. And once they see [it], they can make changes to their schedule on the spot.”
Kronos® Workforce TeleStaff™automates employee staffing and communications, helps control labour costs, and minimises compliance risk.
- Optimise the scheduling, communications, and deployment of public safety personnel and other critical resources
- Minimise compliance risk with an automated scheduling solution that uses your unique scheduling rules and adheres to the necessary labour laws and union rules
- Improve workforce productivity with automated position, shift, and vacation bidding that frees supervisors’ time and improves employee satisfaction
With better visibility from Kronos, Western Michigan University Police Department began to see happier employees and a stronger department. Giving employees access and to the right tools and visibility into their own schedules made them feel engaged and empowered. Creating a fair, consistent rule system enhanced employee morale, and eliminated unnecessary arguments over who requested which shift, and when they requested it. Now that anyone can access information and statistics instantly, employees have saved time to focus on more important priorities. Scheduling abilities had been limited before, and are now customisable to the department’s specific and unique needs.